1. I have added a few names to our distribution list so if you are seeing one of these emails for the first time, welcome to the MSOA. I encourage you to visit our website at www.mannedspaceops.org to find out more about us. We have moved the Masterdatabase and No Contact list under the Missions Tab. Click on Missions Tab, then Manninglists and you will see an introduction and a blue button for the Masterdatabase and another for the No contact list. The Master Database shows what everyone did in support of flights from the Historic Mission Control. I am still missing some manning lists for some disciplines for early Shuttle STS 1 thru 76. If anyone has some manning lists, send them to me at email@example.com or if you see anything that is wrong with what is there let me know and I will correct it. If you click on the No Contact button you will see a list of names of people we do not have email addresses for. If you see someone on that list, contact them and get them in touch with me at the aforementioned email address.
2. The 50 th Anniversary of Apollo 11 is scheduled for this July and we are still having trouble getting JSC to commit to scheduled events. We have our, MSOA semi formal dinner and social scheduled for July 21 5:30 to 1000 at Space Center Houston (SCH). There will be dedicated Tram tours for our guests through out that day to go to the restored MCC. We have arranged discount rates at a few hotels in the area per the following and the date spreads vary because we do not know what events are scheduled and if anyone wants to alter the date range that is between you and the hotel:
A. Marriott Courtyard across from SCH, 7/18-7/22, Call 281-333-0220 and mention MSOA when making reservations, Cutoff date is July 5, Sgl King-$99.00, Two Queen- $109.00
B. Hilton on Clear Lake, 7/19-7/22. Call 281-333-9300, Use Code MSO and the Group name is MSOA Apollo Mission 50th Anniversary. Cutoff date is 6/4 Room rate is $129.00
C. Homewood Suites on Bay Area Blvd near Hway 3. 7/18-7/25, Phone 281-486-7677, or email https://group.homewood-suites.com/MSOAApollo50th Use the Group name MSOA Apollo 50th. There is also a Group Code MSO SMERF. Cutoff Date is 6/20. One King $134.00 or One suite with two double $149.00
D. Candlewood Suites near Tommy’s Patio Cafe off Bay Area BLVD. 7/19-7/24, Phone 1-877-666-3243, Group Name MSOA Event. Cutoff 7/2. Studio for $114.00. Can also go to https://www.ihg.com/candlewood/hotels/us/en/find-hotel/ro
If you have any problem with these, let me know at firstname.lastname@example.org
3. You can go to the Calendar on our website to see the known scheduled events.
4. The MCC restoration project is proceeding on schedule unaffected by the government shutdown because it is privately funded. If anyone knows or can remember what was showing on the TVs in the viewing room during the Apollo 11 Landing and any audio that was playing there like TV feed, MOCR loops, PAO, etc please contact Sandra Tetley at email@example.com or call her at 281-636-6875.
5. Thanks to the people who have responded to me about serving on Panels at SCH. They also want to set up some luncheons with the public and are looking for Apollo Flight Controllers to share their time with the public. Anyone in the local area interested let me know and I will put you on the list.
More to follow as we know it.